Recently one of my sister’s friends got a new apartment and found herself in need of a few chairs. Chairs you say? I can help. Not to mention this lovely young lady often takes care of my house and beasts while I’m out of town which is a lifesaver. In fact, she’ll be spending a week with my pups in a couple weeks so I can vacation with my fam. Clearly she is a person who can be trusted to give rescued chairs a good home.
The original plan was for said dog sitting friend and my sister to come over and for the three of us to drink sangria and paint some chairs. Alas, life intervened and it was just my sis and I drinking sangria and painting rescue chairs. We cleaned the grime off of them. Chipped off the Great Stuff that some
idiot previous owner had used to strengthen reglue make a mess of the joints. I added nails for the loose joints. Fiona gave them an overall sanding to rough the existing paint surface and we tried to smooth anything that was obviously globby old paint. I mixed up some clearance paint — of course — this particular color involved three different clearance cans. I fixed my paint barn curtains (plastic sheeting attached to the rafters of my barn), pulled out my trusty Critter sprayer and we got them primed.