I AM SO EXCITED FOR SPRING.
As we head into the season of outdoor friendly projects my head is spinning with the projects I want to and need to do in the coming months. So. Many. Projects! It makes me think I should do a Lockdown Spring-Summer-Fall in order to get caught up, but that seems impossible. There are a few weddings coming up, a weekend with friends in town, some spring travels, birthdays, outings, softball. Lots of life to live and also lots of projects to get through this year. Weather forecasters are calling for a hotter than usual summer here so I’m considering which projects I need to get an early jump on to avoid the worst of the summer weather.
My (Super Human) List:
- Refinish deck
- Replace rotting exterior trim
- Paint all the exterior trim
- Paint the front porch floor and steps
- Siding repairs (one notable spot where the siding is rotting)
- Fill in the gaps where there aren’t gutters
- Cut down a LOT of trees (so many dead or dying trees that have got to come down) — some of them have begun just falling down.
- Brush clearing – everywhere!
- Re-shingle the porch roof
- Till and establish a new vegetable garden
- Grade the field driveway and adjust gates
- Fine grade around the barn, plant grass
- Paint the barn trim
- Set up workshop in the barn
- Paint lots of things in the barn
Basically, I’m going to work like a dog on exterior projects all spring-summer-fall. If you want to find me, wear work clothes and come on over.
And strangely, while being a bit overwhelmed, right now I’m just so excited for warmer weather and sunshine that I’m rather looking forward to all of it.